Saturday, July 2, 2011

Random Collection of Posts

This post covers some little projects and happenings that were too small to use in their own posting. So, here they are, randomly muddled together to make one rather sizable posting : )
I wanted to show you guys the park that I live in. It's called Highland Park, and it is the most amazing escape in the middle of the city. I could walk around this park for hours, and on many days- I do. I especially love it in early spring, when the magnolia trees and lilacs are in full bloom. Right now, it is mostly green, with some pops of hydrangeas and daisies.
Now, my bathroom really isn't that exciting. What bathroom is? But I did take the dove grey color of my bedroom, and paint the bottom half of the room. The best part of the room? It's mold free! Score.
So this is actually a piece of fabric that I had framed. My mom is a costumer, and has a huge collection of fabric scraps. I found this one in her sewing room, and stole it (sorry mom!!) because I loved the colors and the scene. Isn't it great?
I've also been collecting Mason jars. They are so handy, and add a really cute design detail. I also use them to hold pencils, pens, make up brushes, and cooking ingredients.
So, I re-did my gallery wall, and I am very happy with the result!
When we went to Ikea, I wanted to get a great frame to showcase my letterpress "California Love" print that I showed you guys earlier. However, due to a not-so-surprising mistake on my part, the matting was wayyyyyyyy to large for the print. So, I searched high and low for a great substitute, and just couldn't find anything I was happy with. Then one day, I went to the fabric store, and saw this grey lace. I thought I'd give it a shot, and I really like the way it looks. It also helps to tie in the grey of my bedroom with the blue of the living room.
I never learn. If you know me, you know this. I like to force things. I'm the kinda person that will totally hit the DVD player until it works, or keep trying to hit the nail into the wall, even though it clearly is right in front of a stud. Well, it happened again. I tried to force the glass back into the Ikea frame, it shattered, and I ended up with cuts all over my legs! This picture really doesn't do it justice- there were bloody footprints all over the place. Gory... I know, I'm sorry! Being a nurse has kind of tainted my perception of what is socially acceptable to talk about.
Now... this was annoying. The first time I walked in my apartment, I realized that my fridge was smackdab in the middle of the kitchen. Even worse? There were no other outlets anywhere close, and so the fridge was just eating space, and making the whole kitchen feel awkward. Until I found a solution, I just used a powerstrip as an extension cord, and pushed the fridge over as far as I could.
After painting the kitchen, I purchased a 3-prong extension cord, and nailed it along the detailing in the wall. Pretty sneaky, huh?
When you aren't looking directly at the cord, you would never know it was there. Now the kitchen has much more space, and I do not have to showcase that eyesore of a powerstrip.
I think it is also time that I introduce you to my roommate, Daisy. She is awesome. She is much more of a dog, than a cat. I'll let her prove it to you.
Look, in my defense, most of my friends are gone until August, and I am without a TV and internet, ok?
.... Ok... I know. I'm a little embarrassed for myself, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment