Saturday, July 2, 2011

Escape

So this last Wednesday night, I got the chance to escape Rochester for 24 hours, and venture to the Mirbeau Inn and Spa in Skeneatles Lake. The hotel was designed to make you feel like you were vacationing inside of a Monet painting. It worked, and it was truly one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever been to.
This picture is of the hotel restaurant, Savor. I got a beet, goat cheese, balsamic salad, lobster mac and cheese, filet mignon, and spearmint ice cream (It was supposed to be peppermint... it wasn't... it was not good- but the rest of the food was amazing!)

The gardens were designed to look just like one of Monet's waterlily paintings, complete with the turquoise bridge. So gorgeous!


This was the view from outside of our balcony.
I could only take one picture in the spa, well, because I felt like a huge peeping Tom. But it was so beautiful and relaxing. Totally worth the sunburn I got laying out : )

No comments:

Post a Comment