Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Creative Title?

So this weekend one of my best friends from college is coming to stay with me. Yay! We are going to hang out in Rochester for a few days, and then spend Sunday night in the Canada side of Niagara Falls and do a little gambling!! Does canada have jackpot party? I really hope so.
(Image via Jackpotparty.com)
So, I mentioned previously that I really wanted the white pintuck duvet cover from West Elm. Well, I have a confession- I kind of already have it, just in a different color. I ordered the "sea spray" color as pictured below, but I just didn't love the way it looked in my bedroom. Not to mention, that last year, I didn't have a couch, and so I basically lived on my bed- resulting in spilled coffee stains, red spots from a popsicle incident, and even burns from being left against my heater (whoops).

(Image via West Elm)
But I thought to myself, why buy another one for $125, when I still have a (somewhat) functional version? I saw a blogpost on Younghouselove, where they dyed their dining room chairs with this awesome dye, called iDye, that can just be thrown in the washer. I settled on "gun metal" and went to work!
For precise directions, check out this blogpost on YHL.
The final result was more blue than I intended- but still more grey than the picture shows. The dye did an amazing job. All of the stains (even the burns!) were totally covered, and I am really happy with the way it turned out.
Remember me? Ugly desk? Well, I am no longer ugly! Yay!
Two coats of paint, and a world of difference (at least to me).
I'm embarrassed... but here is what my living room currently looks like. So I have 3 days until Clayton comes, and I gotta get his room (the living room) all set to have guests! Today at four, I am picking up a shabby chic coffee table, which I'll be painting white this week, along with some shabby chic chairs that I have been storing at my friend Becca's house. I can't wait to show you how it turns out!

On another note- this is really getting addicting. As soon as I finish a room, I find a new decorating idea, or design detail that I want to test out. Maybe I can work on the side as an Anthropologie design intern? : ) Eh, a girl can dream!



2 comments:

  1. i can't believe how well that dye worked on your duvet, that's awesome. and i love the way your desk turned out. wish i could see this all in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and jackpot party? yes, please.

    ReplyDelete