Thursday, July 14, 2011

Wait... What now?!

I am almost done with the apartment! All that is left are little details. I apparently need to varnish all of the white furniture I have painted. I am quickly learning that white paint likes to get very dirty, and it is scratching in parts! I am very disappointed, but at least it looks cute? I am feeling like I have the forever 21 of decor- It's great until you look up close and see the little flaws. My future projects will be dedicated to touch-ups and improving on the projects that I have already started.
So I got this table for $25 on craigslist. I'll give you some close-up shots, because the details are the best part!


Three coats of satin-finish white paint later, and I was ready to put it in it's new home!

Here is that desk I painted with a fun little shabby-chic chair I DIY-ed last week.
In other news, one of my friends from college came to visit me and we travelled to Niagara Falls! (Which is visually... disturbing for lack of a better term. It is mini vegas, but without the "classy" aspects. Think a wax museum, 3-D theatre, cigar shop, and neon chachskis galore!) But we did win $360 on the penny slots! Yeaaaaa! And I played my first table game- Baccarat. It was SO fun, and I doubled my winnings! (Which I then promptly lost...)


No comments:

Post a Comment