Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The New Place

Alright, before we go any further- I do not claim to be a writer. I have horrible grammar, spelling, and punctuation ( I really love over-using commas). And I fully realize that this blog probably won't be very interesting to anyone except for my mom and grandma. I am writing it because I have two months before starting work (I'm an RN, and will be starting to work in a pediatric intensive care unit while going back to school and earning a nurse practitioner degree in pediatrics/care of the child & family) and I need something to do with my time. I also love interior design and think I have picked up some great tips along the way from HGTV, and a fun blog called YoungHouseLove. Seeing as I have no job, everything that I am using in my apartment is either second hand or from target. My challenge was to decorate my apartment for under $1,000 including furniture. So- let me show you the place.

This is the view from my bedroom and living room windows- it's the Colgate Divinity School here in Rochester, and it is so gorgeous. I love taking walks around the campus, and they have the BEST sledding hill- that's important, because it is snow here 11/12 months out of the year. Ok, fine. That's a lie. It's more like 8.

This is my street.
Hey! That's my building
Living room.



No comments:

Post a Comment