Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Bedroom

So, here is my bedroom makeover. I apologize- I have no idea how to rearrange the pictures, so the order doesn't make much sense, but I will try to caption them as we go down in the post.
So here is my bed. The bedding is from anthropologie, which is my home inspiration. If I could live in anthropologie- I would. The bedding was from my parents for my birthday- so it was obviously not included in my $1,000 budget. If you don't know- anthro bedding is heavenly. It is the softest, most lovely, squishiest bedding in the world. Buy some. Eventually, I will be getting this duvet to go along with the set. OH! while I was finding the link, I found that the bedding is now 20% off- so I'm buying it now. I love a good flash sale : )
This is my dresser- I got it from craigslist for $35, then sanded, and painted it. I pretty much love it. I was going for a shabby chic, but modern style, and so I think this really fits in well with my scheme.
This vanity was another craigslist find. It was $25, and isn't the best quality, but I am obsessed with the mirror thing on the top, and it folds down to become a desk. It was a hideous seafoam green, and I painted it white. I hate seafoam green. I also hate that chair. I have already purchased a super cute a chair to DIY, but I still have to sand and paint it, so this piece o' junk will have to suffice until I get around to it.
See? The order is wrong. But this is the dresser before painting.

This is my favorite piece of art. It's a letterpress poster that can be found here at heartfishpress. The versions with the hearts replacing the "o" are special editions, and only come out every few months- I was lucky enough to snag this one before they were sold out.
So- as you will soon see- I love frames. I have been collecting them for the last few months, and spray painted them white to make the "headboard" shown in the first picture.
See? Hideous seafoam.
My family will appreciate, and not be surprised by the fact, that after painting my whole room, I opened the door, and of course, for got to paint a rather sizeable section. dang it. Can you see the color? It looks blue, but really, it's a dove grey. I love grey.

This, my friends, is God's gift to DIY-ers. I really hate taping- it takes FOREVER, and paint always seems to seep or peel. But with this little guy, you don't need to tape because it makes perfect little edges.

So, there is my bedroom makeover. I still have some work to do, but it's a start : )

No comments:

Post a Comment